Re: mutt, signitures, and ^M

On Wed, Oct 06, 1999 at 12:01:22AM -0400, Dpk wrote:
> Your sig is in DOS format, try the following:
>
>   prompt$ perl -pi -e 's/\r//;' ~/.signature

Yep. Exactly.  I think I may have been using a bad charset in emacs at
the time I created it.  vim and emacs were smart enough not to display
the ^M's usually, so it only showed up when I was actually mailing.
Also for the record...

On Tue, Oct 05, 1999 at 10:11:19PM -0500, Dave Baker wrote:
> sounds like you have the signature saved in 'dos' format.
> the way I normally fix this is to do the following:
>
> $  vim -b filename
> the -b puts it in binary mode
>
> enter command :%s/^V^M//
> enter command :wq

This worked too! That -b is very handy and I'll make sure to use that
in the future.

Thank you both!

-Jonathan

--