Re: XF86_NONEV

> 2. How can I prevent anybody from changing virtual consoles and
>    killing my X session when I am away and locked it with xlock?

it's actually easier then that, all the need to do is hit ctrl-alt-backspace
and they'll be dumped back to the virtual console which you started it on.

run startx.  once X is up and running, switch back to the virtual console
where you started X and hit ctrl-z, then type "bg" and then "logout".  now
swap back to your X session.

under tcsh you could make all this happen on one line with a command like:

# startx &; clear; logout

but in bash this doesn't work and i haven't figured out why yet.

adam.