Re: Sun classic

On Mon, 4 Oct 1999, William T Wilson wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, Oki DZ wrote:
>
> > BTW, why would anyone install the Debian on Suns if the machines come
> > with Solaris right out the boxes? The only reason I'm asking about

> Maybe your SunOS/Solaris is way obsolete and you don't want to pay
> to  upgrade it.  Maybe you have an all-Linux setup (could happen,
> especially  on a home/small business network).  Maybe you just
> want to be different. Somebody must have wanted it, otherwise
> it wouldn't exist :}

We inherited a Sun from our University Computer Center. We installed
Debian Linux on the Sun immediately, dumping whatever OS was on it.

We do have an all Debian/Windows 9x setup. The Sun serves Win9x
applications to machines in the student lab.

--David
David Teague, dbt@cs.wcu.edu
Debian GNU/Linux Because software support is free, timely,
                 useful, technically accurate, and friendly.
                 (I'm hoping this is all of the above!)