Re: Sun classic

On Tue, Oct 05, 1999 at 07:11:33AM +0700, Oki DZ wrote:

> Ben Collins wrote:
> > After booting the rescue disk, the install is
> > pretty much the same as an i386 install.
>
> I'm quite familiar with Slackware Linux; is there any difference in the
> installation procedures between Slackware and Debian Linux?
> My only concern is that Debian Linux doesn't support Sparc Classic due
> to the age of the machine.

IMO, the Debian install is a lot simpler. As I said Debian supports what the
kernel supports, which is any sun4c, sun4m, and sun4d (we also support sun4u,
ultrasparc, with the proper kernel). SPARC Classic is a sun4c, the same cpu
type of the SPARC Station 1 that I have been running Debian on succesfully
(including the latest unstable version of Debian, potato).

Hope this helps,
  Ben