Re: HTML spell?

On Mon, Oct 04, 1999 at 10:47:00PM +0200, peter karlsson wrote:
> Is there any program like ispell that works with the same dictionaries, but
> knows HTML and don't try to correct spelling of HTML tags?

I found a patch to ispell to do this a long time ago.

See http://www.cmc.net/~bem/vile/ispell-html-mode.patch for a copy.

It is (according to the author) bound by whatever license ispell has
(well, actually, he doesn't seem to care -what- you do with it, but he
can't change the ispell license).

Perhaps the maintainer for ispell could be encouraged to add it in the
debian package?  (ispell itself isn't very well maintained, but then, it
also works, so doesn't need much except things like the above patch :))

--
Brian Moore                       | Of course vi is God's editor.
      Sysadmin, C/Perl Hacker     | If He used Emacs, He'd still be waiting