Re: Security Setup: how to respond to a portscan (This is long!)

    Nathan> <rant> RTFM /etc/services to find out what auth is, and RTFM
    Nathan> `host http.us.debian.org'.  I'm tired of people complaining
    Nathan> about "hack attempts" from pavlov on the auth port.  Please,
    Nathan> buy, steal, or rent a clue before you install iplogger.
    Nathan> </rant>

I didn't say anything about a "hack attempt" from pavlov on the
auth port, just that I wasn't sure about it. And I wasn't complaining
about it.

In any event, thanks for your most helpful reply.

--
Salman Ahmed
ssahmed AT interlog DOT com