Perl dependency problems in unstable

Hi,

I just did an upgrade of the latest unstable branch, and ran into a
rather perplexing problem with the perl-5.005-doc package.  Dselect
won't let me change the upgrade status of that package.  In fact, it
won't even let me hold it!  When I hold it and the main perl package, it
comes back with a dependency conflict, and tries to set it back to
Install.  The only way I can get out of the dependency conflict screen
is to agree to upgrade both perl and perl-doc packages.

However!

When I try to go through with it, I get this error, which bails out the
upgrade process prematurely, leaving me with a handful of non-installed
packages....

Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
(Reading database ... 52339 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace perl-5.005-doc 5.005.03-3 (using
/var/cache/apt/archives/perl-5.005-doc_5.005.03-4_all.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement perl-5.005-doc ...
dpkg: error processing
/var/cache/apt/archives/perl-5.005-doc_5.005.03-4_all.deb (--unpack):
 trying to overwrite `/usr/share/man/man3/CGI::Carp.3pm.gz', which is
also in package libcgi-perl
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
 /var/cache/apt/archives/perl-5.005-doc_5.005.03-4_all.deb
E: Sub-process returned an error code (1)
Some errors occurred while unpacking. I'm going to configure the
packages that were installed. This may result in duplicate errors
or errors caused by missing dependencies. This is OK, only the errors
above this message are important. Please fix them and run [I]nstall
again
Press enter to continue.

What's going on?  I tried uninstalling libcgi-perl, and that didn't work
either.

Thanks,
John