Problems with printing

I have two, not unconnected problems I suspect, with printing.

The first is directly from linux, in that when it comes out the printer,
its stepped across the page and is unreadable.  Is there an easy method
to fix that?

The second is via samba.  At the present moment the server is not
visible on the network from windows boxes but directories can be
mounted.  At the same time though, printing returns "the network name
cannot be found" when attempted from a windows box.

Any ideas?

cheers

Brian

--
Brian Ross, Network Manager			Voice +61-1-2-6279-8336
John Curtin School of Medical Research          Fax   +61-1-2-6247-4823