Re: dselect unstable problem SOLVED

Oleg Krivosheev wrote:

> > Reading Package Lists... Error!
> > E: Malformed Priority line
> > E: Error occured while processing aleph-dev (NewVersion1)

here is a problem

> > E: Problem with MergeList
> > /var/state/apt/lists/ftp.pl.debian.org_pub_debian_dists_unstable_main_binary-i3
> >
> > 86_Packages
> > E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
> >
> > when i'm doing Update
> >
> > when I'm using stable version everything is working just fine
> >
> > any ideas ?
> >
> > thanks for help
> >
> > Regards
> > Adam Olejniczak
> >

> exactly the same problem today morning only the server is
> http://ftp1.us.debian.org
>
> any help is greatly appreciated
>
> Oleg

so solution is to edit file
ftp.pl.debian.org_pub_debian_dists_unstable_main_binary-i386_Packages
or what ever ftp server you use

and remove all the information about aleph
save the file go to dselect sjip update and go to select, install and so on
and it works (for me at least :-)

good luck

adam