Re: System.map does not match kernel data

Seth R Arnold <sarnold@willamette.edu> writes:

> On Wed, Sep 29, 1999 at 05:02:51PM +0200, Jonas Steverud wrote:

[...]

> I think if you copy /usr/src/kernel/System.map to /boot/System.map-2.2.10
> the message will go away.

I think I didn't make myself clear enough.

I compiled the kernel for some month ago and used the
kernel-package-program. The System.map-file was correctly
copied and everything worked fine.

Then I updated my system for some weeks ago and this started to
appear. I thought it was PAM who did this but I agree with Dan
Everton, it might very well be the "latest" lilo-update which did
this.

I.e. the System.map worked for about one or two month so the problem
is *not* that I've forgotten to copy it after compilation.

--
( Jonas Steverud  @  www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d4jonas/ !    Wei Wu Wei    )
( U2MoL, Roleplaying, LaTeX, Emacs/Gnus, SCWM, etc. ! To Do Without Do )