Re: .emacs setup question

Lance> I am trying to get emacs to open dvi2tty in console and tkdvi
Lance> in X.  The syntax I saw was:

(setq tex-dvi-view-command
          (if (eq window-system 'x) "tkdvi" "dvi2tty * "))

Lance> but this does not seem to work.  How do I modify this so that
Lance> different viewer will be used depening on whether I am using a
Lance> console on Xwindows?

How does it fail?  Generally, reports and questions of the type "this
does not seem to work" well not be received very well ...

--
Ian Zimmerman
Lightbinders, Inc.