Re: Kernel upgrades = security upgrades - a possible solution?

On Wed, 29 Sep 1999, Marcin Owsiany wrote:

> I guess this kind of kernel packages would be for people quite concerned
> about security but also quite lazy :)

I guess, this is mutual exclusive. People which are lazy will leave many
(and I think also bigger) security holes some where else on the system, so
that it won't matter, if you keep your kernel that much secure...

> Also if you administer a lot of boxes, and if they work ok with the default
> kernel you will find it _a lot_ more convenient to automatically upgrade
> kernel than to compile it for each box...

Ever considerd the package 'kernel-package'. This makes out of any kernel
source debian packages, which then can be installed with dpkg, apt-get or
what ever ...

Martin

--
If the box says 'Windows 95 or better', it should run on Linux, right?
                                                               - anonymous