Re: LiLO and Multi distributions

On Tue, Sep 28, 1999 at 10:19:38PM +0100, Joao Pissarro wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have isntalled two distributions of Linux (Reh Hat 6 and Debian 2.1) on
> two hard disks, just like the following:
>
> hda1: Win98
> hda3: Debian
> hdc5: Red Hat
>
> I have the joined lilo.conf file, and when I run "lilo" I get the message
> "/boot/bzImage-2.0.37 not found". Like this I can not boot Debian at the
> moment.
>
> Any one has an Idea how can I put the two Linux distribuitios working?

You have to run lilo from only one of the distributions and the kernel(s) for
both also have to be on that distribution. Lilo requires access to the kernel's
location on the harddrive in order to setup the boot block. So just copy them
both to the RH partition (since that's the one you can get to) and setup the
lilo.conf that way (keeping the root partitions different for each one).

Ben