Installing debian to another hard drive

Hello,

How can I install the debian "base" system to another hard drive in the
same computer? I have a working Debian / DOS+Win95 dual boot system, and
would like to install Debian to a laptop, whose floppy disk drive is
disfunctional, and has no CD-ROM drive.

I have connected the laptop's hard drive to my Debian machine, using an
adapter. There must be some way to install Debian to this hard drive,
using my desktop machine. How can I do this? Will the normal
install-from-dos-partition procedure work?

Thanks in advance,
Hugo van der Merwe

ps. I would appreciate if replies could be CC:'ed to hugo@mailroom.com
I am not subscribed to the list, and sometimes my ISP's news server messes
up...