Re: ppp how to use ppp for a normal user?

*- On 28 Sep, Shao Zhang wrote about "Re: ppp how to use ppp for a normal user?"
> Hi,
> 	You can create a PPP group and add all your users who are
> 	permitted to use pppd to this group. Then you can add a
> 	exexcutable permission to pppd for group ppp.

Debian's default setup is to have users in group dip for use of ppp.
See /usr/doc/ppp/README.Debian.gz for a few more details.

# ls -l /usr/sbin/pppd
 126 -rwsr-x---   1 root     dip        127100 Sep  2 10:46 /usr/sbin/pppd*

--
Brian