Re: [DISASTER] Latest update broke my system entirely

peter karlsson <pk@mds.mdh.se> writes:

> Jonas Steverud:
>
> > (none) login: root
> > login[10]: PAM unabvle to resolve symbol pam_sm_authenticate
> > login[10]: PAM unabvle to resolve symbol pam_sm_setcred
> > login[10]: PAM unabvle to resolve symbol pam_sm_authenticate
> > login[10]: PAM unabvle to resolve symbol pam_sm_setcred
>
> My guess is that you didn't notice the message that was included when you
> upgraded pam-modules (or something like that). It complained about the pam
> modules having changed paths, and that some of the configuration files in
> /etc/pam.d still contains the old path. The paths should be eradicated
> completely from the configuration files there.

I remember seeing something like this but when I saw this (for a
couple of weeks ago) I come to the comclusion that the pathes where
correct. The message said the pathes had to be relative and mine where
absolute. Since they looked ok and I didn't know what to change them
too I let them be. It worked until I updated last Thursday.

*When* I can log in I'll remove 'em.

--
( Jonas Steverud  @  www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d4jonas/ !    Wei Wu Wei    )
( U2MoL, Roleplaying, LaTeX, Emacs/Gnus, SCWM, etc. ! To Do Without Do )