Re: KDE don't run

On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, Jean-Yves BARBIER wrote:

> I just remember to change the theme this night before
> leaving KDE 1.1.2 (slink).
>
> Today, it refuse to run: the msgs begin to scroll,
> it switch to graphic mode, the gray screen's here,
> the icons are printed, the hi & lo bars are drawned,
> but when it begins to draw the first window (the one
> with the earth and the twilight zone) it just flash
> and go back to the console:

Some KDE themes are broken. What I did was to run a console theme manager
for KDE called "ktinstall". I don't have a handy URL, just search for it
on the web.

Install a different theme using ktinstall. Afterwards, run X with KDE and
Install a newer theme if you like.

regards,

= ====== Andre M. Varon  - Technical Head
= =   == Lasaltech, Inc. - Bacolod City, Phil.
= === =  http://andre.lasaltech.com
=   = =
===== =  Eat Shit! 100 billion flies can't be wrong!