Re: S3 AGP Trio3D2x and X servers (SVGA vs FBDev)

Leszek Gerwatowski wrote:

> I've tried XFree 3.3.5 but it dosn't work for me too. Try Xserver 3.3.4
> from www.xfree86.org or packaged for Debian from:
>
> http://samosa.debian.org/~branden/xfree86-334-slink/
>
> (but server from xfree website works for me better than from deb package).

 None of them worked. Returned the same results. :-(
 Neither debian packages nor tarball from xfree86 web site had work.

 Meanwhile I'd downgraded xfree86-common package from 3.3.5 to 3.3.4 and
my older XF68_FBDev X server started to work again. This one it's 3.3.2
! At least it works. I don't understand why SVGA doesn't work - at least
it's recommended by xfree86 web site.

 Thanks.

 Regards,
   Nuno Carvalho