CVS setup and administration

I am trying to determine what the best way is to manage
and setup CVS on a slink box.

I want to be able to put into CVS:

(1) system configuration files found in /etc

(2) files found in user A's home dir (/home/A).

(3) entire directories with files say /home/B/src/

Currently, I have created a group "cvsadm". I have created
the CVS repository in /usr/local/cvsroot and have changed ownership
of this dir. to group "cvsadm".

This way, any user who is a also a member of cvsadm, can put
stuff into CVS and checkout existing files/dirs.

I am hoping that other people will tell me how good a
setup this is and how I can improve on it. Plus any other
tips on CVS setup/administration/security/etc.

This is my home system that I am talking about. I connect
to the Internet via dialup PPP.

Thanks.

--
Salman Ahmed