Oracle Web Server on Linx

Has anyone had experience running the Oracle Web Application Server on
Debian? I got the download,  installed it and all processes come up
except the administrative web server run fine, which refuses to run. The
only variation I'm aware of from the docs is that they say kernel 2.0.34
and I have 2.2.12 on that machine. I can provide more details if anyone
has some idea about this.

BTW, anyone know what's going on with Oracle? We tried to buy the product,
and were told that the Online Store is pulling all references to Linux.
Sounds strange.

Ernest Johanson
Web Systems Administrator
Fuller Theological Seminary