Re: Deleted menu in Wmaker

  Alan> While trying out the spiffy wm configurator, I seem to have
  Alan> eliminated all the debian menus. How can I get back the menus?

right-click and "insert debian menu". Beware there's a bug : when you
restart wmakerconf, the debian will have disappeared, so you'll to
insert it each time you edit your menus. (I've reported the bug).

  Alan> Meanwhile I have just inserted my own menu entries for the few
  Alan> programs I use all the time.

  Alan> By the way, since this little flub none of the newly installed
  Alan> packages has been visible as menu entries either.  What did I
  Alan> do?

You may have to do `update-menu` as non root if you have imported the
debian menu. This is because the menu is duplicated in your $HOME, and
the update-menu that is run when install new packages is ran as root
and only update menus in /etc.

--
Laurent Martelli
martelli@iie.cnam.fr