Re: awk or sed?

On Sat, Sep 25, 1999 at 02:13:15PM +1200, Tim Thomson wrote:
> I was thinking it was just something like that. I've been meaning to learn
> perl for awhile. Any good starting points, apart from going through
> source code? Thanks for the link to that awk link, looks good.

This is a bit off-topic at this point, so replies should probably not be
made to the list.... :]

Learning Perl is great if you haven't much formal programming training. If
you do have formal programming training, then maybe you would be happier
with Programming Perl. Honestly, after you read Learning Perl, you will want
to read Programming Perl, so you might as well get it first, and if it is
over your head, like it was mine, get Learning Perl.

Of course, the Perl Cookbook is wonderful too.

All are published by O'Rielly. (www.ora.com)

:)

Hate spam? See http://maps.vix.com/rbl/ for help
Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!