Re: ip-up.d

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, Ben Lutgens wrote:

> I am having a problem using /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/ to start fetchmail when I use
> pon to connect. there is a script in there that wil start fetchmail for me as
> desired via command line. yet fetchmail still won't start on it's own when I
> connect to my ISP. Any ideas why. Or where to look for more info. I have
> re-read all manpages I could think of.

Ever run the fetchmail-up script from shell in order to see some error
output? For example fetchmail won't start, if the global /etc/fetchmailrc
file has the wrong permissions...

Martin

--
If the box says 'Windows 95 or better', it should run on Linux, right?
                                                               - anonymous

For public PGP-key:  finger mfluch@mathphys.fsk.uni-heidelberg.de