Re: true type fonts and xfstt (again)

Hmm. My next thought -- and I must apologize for asking -- have you actually
installed ttf files into /usr/share/fonts/truetype? And, are they named
*ttf? I got many of mine from a DOS machine, and it had many TTF files that
I renamed to ttf. (my machine has a nifty rename script, written by larry
wall in perl, and expanded upon by others, that does the renaming job very
nicely... :)

BTW, the *.fon files are not true-type. They are windows bitmap fonts. If
you have any of these in your /usr/share/fonts/truetype directory, it might
not hurt to delete them. I would hope such a silly thing wouldn't prevent
xfstt from working, but one never knows.

hth :)