Exim. How correct sender that has no domain

Hi,

When I send messages from Netscape to exim there is a Sender: header
field that is my user name but without the domain. ie

Sender: david

when it should be

Sender: david@sundayta.co.uk

This only seems to happen with Netscape communicator clients.

I think I ought to be able to use an exim re-writing rule to correct
this but I have not yet been successful.  What should the rule be?

According to the manual typing "exim -brw david" should show how the
rewriting works for various headers. In every case it shows
david@sundayta.co.uk

This is now causing me a problem with the validation of mailman
messages, any message I send to a mailman listserver gets rejected
because my sender is not correct.

Any help please.

Thanks

Dave