Problems using the jdk-1.1 jdb java debugger

Hello,

I can't seem to get 'jdb' working (latest potato java packages). I start
jdb, and it says "Initializing jdb..." and stops. -verbose gives a bit
more information; it stops after the following:

[Loaded java/net/Socket.class from /usr/lib/jdk1.1/lib/classes.zip]
[Initializing java/net/Socket]
[Resolving java/net/Socket]
[Initializing java/net/Socket]

Maybe the problem is here: when I run my application using "java -debug",
I get the following:

java.lang.IllegalAccessError: not a debugging VM
        at sun.tools.debug.Agent.run(Agent.java:282)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java)

Has anybody had any success with debugging java applications who can give
me some hints?

Please CC me as I'm not on this list.

Thanks in advance,
Pontus

--
Pontus Lidman, pontus@mathcore.com, Development & support manager
No matter how cynical you get, it's impossible to keep up.