Re: Dying services due to low memory?

On Mon, 20 Sep 1999 10:04:20 +0100, Joop van Son wrote:

>Maybe you can test on your machine if the services are dying at the moment
>you are starting to use your swap space (start some big programs).
>I think your memory (-chips) is OK but you have probably bad blocks on your
>swap space.

This is very improbable since this would produce error messages in syslog.

No, as I already wrote in my previous message to the list, the reason for the
failures is probably that swap is too small for my peak memory usage. I have
drastically increased swap size, and I'm positive that this will have solved
my problems.

Thanks.

--
Sign the EU petition against SPAM:          L I N U X       .~.
http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/        The  Choice      /V\