X 3.3.4-2 Blanks screen w/ Trio3D

Hi,

I grabbed Branden's 3.3.4-0 svga xserver when it came out, to get my
Trio3D going. I got it to work with a bit of effort, at 800x600x16.
I hadn't updated the system since then, until just now. Now when xdm or
startx starts, the screen starts flickering, and then goes into powersave
mode. I've tried it on another monitor too. (Both only 15")
I guessed it must be trying to start a resolution, so I brought it back to
640x480, but to no avail. I've looked at xfree86.org, they have a couple
of modelines they think work on the card, but I was using them already.

It wasn't upgrading the server that killed it, cause I didn't upgrade the
server straight away :(  I actually left all the 3.3.4-0 stuff, except for
xlib6g, which heaps of packages depended on. When I rebooted, xdm didn't
come up, so I upgraded everything to 3.3.4-2, but still no luck!

I've now downloaded the binary 3.3.5 svga server, still the same thing.

The annoying thing is, it has worked, but now it doesn't!!! I don't know
what broke it.
Anyone else have a Trio3D? Anyone having the same kind of problems?

Thanks,

Tim.

--
Tim Thomson               tim@tui.dhs.org