Re: Multiplexing /dev/dsp

The esound enlightened sound daemon offers this sort of thing in software. I
think the commercial version of oss/linux (www.opensound.org, right?) offers
this ability too. And, if you have a nice new pci soundcard that does this
stuff natively, the proper drivers should make it go quite nicely, but
honestly I do not know if such drivers exist for linux.