Re: FSSTND question: Where to mount NFS FS?

*- On 21 Sep, Ralf G. R. Bergs wrote about "Re: FSSTND question: Where to mount NFS FS?"
> On Tue, 21 Sep 1999 08:21:08 -0500 (EST), Brian Servis wrote:
>
>>suggest /mnt, regardless of type, local or nfs.  But remember that NFS
>>mounts are useful for mounting /home, /usr, /usr/local, etc. for large
>>distributed networks.
>
> Right, I don't want a temporary mount, but a permanent one.
>
> I'd like to mount a directory "server:/var/tmp/foo" on machine "client." I
> should probably use a mount point of "/var/tmp/foo@Server" or something like
> that, or do you have a better suggestion?

That is what I would do.  Mount the directory in the location that it
is expected to be used or is located on the server, just like /home or
/usr/local.  If it is a /var/tmp on the server then on the client
mount it under /var/tmp.  Just my 2 bits.

--
Brian