Re: telnet to my machine

Hi,

This may not be a tcpd issue.  If it is, then you should experience a
delay just before "Connection closed..." message and be able to see
one or two connections to your auth port (aka ident) from the target
machine in a TIME_WAIT state:

% netstat | grep auth

Otherwise, in case it's happening *sometimes*, it could be faulty cables
or faulty software.  From what you wrote it's not possible to discover
this.  You should check with netstat what was going on on a particular
connection.

Bye

Dejan