Re: silly sendmail question

Rob Mahurin wrote:

> >               how (or if) I can make my sender address stop looking
> > like this:
> >
> >  From: <my "real name" here as I set it when adding a user account>
> > <my user name@Morpheus> (Morpheus is, of course, my "hostname", or
> > what I named my computer.)
>
> The solution that I used (and that I'm about to try again, now that
> you've reminded me) is in the sendmail FAQ at
> http://www.sendmail.org/faq/ .  I think it's question 3.2.

I'm behind a firewall, and I'm trying the same thing and can't
get it to work:

-------------------
# more sendmail.mc
divert(-1)
divert(0)
VERSIONID(`@(#)sendmail.mc      8.9.1a (Linux) 19981026')
OSTYPE(debian)dnl
LOCAL_CONFIG
Cwmixing.qc.dfo.ca
FEATURE(use_cw_file)dnl
FEATURE(use_ct_file)dnl
FEATURE(redirect)dnl
FEATURE(nouucp)dnl
define(`confMAILER_NAME', `postmaster')dnl
define(`confME_TOO', True)dnl
MAILER_DEFINITIONS
MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl

LOCAL_CONFIG
## Custom configurations below (will be preserved)
define(confUSERDB_SPEC, /etc/mail/users.db)
FEATURE(notsticky)

However, I have an old sendmail.cf V8.7 file that works perfectly
with /etc/mail/users.db (it sent this email).

Any clues?
--
Peter Galbraith, research scientist          <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Maurice Lamontagne Institute, Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada