Re: mutt: help with saving a messge to a different folder

Quoting Shao Zhang (shao@linuxfreak.com):
> Hi,
> 	This is the first thing that I come up with. But it still does not
> 	meet what I need...
>
> 	In mutt, when the first TAB pressed for changing the folders,

Perhaps this is your problem. As I said, I use the c command to change
inbox. After pressing c, you are prompted with the next inbox containing
new mail (strictly, mail which arrived after you last visited the inbox,
which is not quite the same thing).

Pressing tab several times at this point has the following effects:

Press
1.	changes the text of the prompt but with the same default.
2.	attempts completion, but as it's (obviously) complete, it
	displays a buffer with the sole completed inbox name.
3.	displays a buffer with all the inbox names.
4.	displays a buffer with the directory contents.

3 and 4 now alternate. You can escape with ^G at first, and then q
(once it starts displaying a buffer).

It never scans the messages in any of the files.

>                                                              [...] it
> 	will read all the folders from $Mailbox varaible(good), but if I
> 	accidently press another TAB, it will read the folders from
> 	$folder. My ~/Mail directory is about 200MB big, and mutt will
> 	just take a long time to scan them.

If you mean you have a truly colossal number of old mail folders, then
I recommend you put inboxes in one directory and old mail folders in
a separate one. The latter are never seen with this sequence of commands.
If you mean inboxes, there's not any more I can suggest, except to press
the c and to avoid pressing tab.

Cheers,