Re: EXIM CONFIG

Pollywog [pollywog@shadypond.com] wrote:

> On 20-Sep-99 Eric G . Miller wrote:
> >   I couldn't get it to remove the sender header either. Instead, I use a
> >   rewrite rule:
> >
> > *@*    ${lookup{$1}lsearch{/etc/email-addresses}\
> >                                                 {$value}fail} Frs
> >
> >   Where email-addresses has the form:
> >
> >   localname:realname@domain.com

Thanks Eric, i added the rewrite rule, and the sender header seems to be gone,
or, at least, i can get through to a domain i couldn't previously reach, peter

> Why remove the sender header?  Is it because you are on a dynamic IP
> address?
>
> --
> Andrew

i am on a static IP address, but some domains will not accept
mail with a sender header that is not from a qualified domain, my
sender header read london@pieno.panix.com, eben though the From header was
correct, mickle@panix.com - peter