Re: ppp failure under debian (slakware with pppd 2.2 patch level 0 works)

On 18 Sep 1999, John Hasler wrote:

> Robert King writes:
> > The modem responds fine from cu.  I get an OK back from AT&F.
>
> What does it do if you send it ATZ from cu?

I get OK back.
> Try replacing ATZ with AT&F
> in /etc/chatscripts/provider.

OK, I'll try that after this session.  (I'm connected from the slackware
connection at the moment.

> > I think it could be a problem with changes to pppd.
>
> At the point at which your problem occurs pppd isn't doing anything.  It
> just connects chat to the serial port and waits.

OK - so you're pretty sure this is a chat issue

----
Robert King, Australian Environmental Studies, Griffith University, Australia
3875 6677   Robert.King@mailbox.gu.edu.au   http://www.ens.gu.edu.au/robertk/

statistician (n.) someone who can draw a mathematically precise line
from an unwarranted assumption to a foregone conclusion.  [anon.]