Re: for what it's worth (re: To the Debian Project...)

On Sun, Sep 19, 1999 at 02:40:05AM -0700, John Miskinis wrote:

> I read great things about debian, and chose it, not knowing what
> to expect.  Perhaps the platform I am using (Thinkpad 560) is
> making things overly complex, and my recent frustrations are to
> be expected, and are warranted.

Thinkpads seem to be quite nasty for this - they're very nice boxes,
but not quite standard enough to work without hassle.  You might want to
take a look at the debian-laptop archives for more information and
possibly ask for assistance there.

With bog standard desktop hardware it's very much simpler (unless you
have a very new graphics card, which none of my machines do) - pretty
much everything on my boxes apart from sound worked as soon as the
install was done.

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/