Re: anyone using sblive under kernel 2.2.12

I don't think I am following you.  My suggestion was just what somebody else
posted to the list a few days ago, you don't even need a hex editor to do that;
vi or whatever should do the trick.

What do you mean by text-to-speech program?  That Jim is blind and using
text-to-speech to 'see' what he is working on?  Or in one terminal he has the
text2speech program reciting, and he is hexediting in another term?

On 18-Sep-99 Seth R Arnold wrote:
> Wim, nice thought, but if you can hexedit while using a text-to-speech
> program, I will be VERY impressed. I bet Jim would LOVE to do it himself. As
> for me, I haven't got 2.2.x, nor do I have the sblive, nor do I have the
> module.
>
> Sorry Jim.
>
> On Sat, Sep 18, 1999 at 06:29:19AM -0700, Wim Kerkhoff wrote:
>> Just get the emu10k1 package from developer.soundblaster.com/linux.  Unpack
>> it,
>> and edit the 2.2.10 module with a text editor, changing 2.2.10 to 2.2.12.
>>
>> I got it to work under 2.2.11 by forcing it with insmod -f, that may work as
>> well.
>>
>> On 18-Sep-99 Jim Ruby wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> > If anyone is using the sblive under kernel 2.2.12, would you be willing to
>> > email me the sblive .o module?
>> > I don't have a way to edit the file with a hexed as the speach output I'm
>> > using makes this hard.
>> >
>> > Thanks.

Wim.