Re: Guessing the date style from the timezone for postgresql postinst

On Sat, Sep 18, 1999 at 01:45:55AM +0100, Oliver Elphick wrote:
> If you have a recent potato system, with timezone files in
> /usr/share/zoneinfo, could you please run the script and let me know if
> it gives WRONG results for you.  If it does, please tell me your timezone
> and offset (date '+%Z %z') and what the date style ought to be. If you
> can suggest a change to the script that will get it right without breaking
> results for other countries, that will be even better!

With /bin/sh -> /bin/ash, I get the following error:

    guess.datestyle: 25: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")

It works fine with bash. It seems the opening brace on

    case "$x" in ( SystemV | posix | right )
                 ^
is causing this.

--
Robert Vollmert                                      rvollmert@gmx.net