Re: .xsession problem with WDM amd/or WindowMaker

On Sat September 18, Brad wrote :

 > Yes, you do have to run the window manager explicitly if you use an
 > .xsession file.
 >
 > You can have your .xsession use /etc/X11/window-managers, though. Just
 > place this at the bottom of your .xsession (code shamelessly ripped from
 > /etc/X11/Xsession)

Thanks for the tip. Instead of copying all that code from
/etc/X11/window-managers, I just used my .xsession file from RedHat :

    # Window Maker default X session startup script

    PATH="$PATH:/usr/local/bin"

    # If you login from xdm, uncomment this to make error messages appear
    # in the console window.
    #
    tail -f $USER/.xsession-errors > /dev/console &

    /usr/local/bin/paralogger &

    exec wmaker

Works fine now. I am able to start up the desired X clients.

Also, to get non-root users to run PPP, I just did :

usermod -G dip ssahmed

Thanks.

--
Salman Ahmed