Re: telnetd-ssl

J.H.M. Dassen (Ray):

> Looks like the permissions on your ttyp devices are wrong; they should
> look like this:
> crw-rw-rw-   1 root     tty        3,   2 Mar 13  1999 /dev/ttyp2

Okay, I fixed that (it must've somehow forgot to reset them, because some
were owned by my own user accound, and had 620 permissions). But now all I
get is:

$ telnet dat95pkn
Trying 10.10.247.110...
Connected to dat95pkn.campus.mdh.se.
Escape character is '^]'.
Debian Linux/BSD/GNU/XFree86/etc potato (2.2) dat95pkn.campus.mdh.se
Connection closed by foreign host.

Ben Collins:
> Also could you check the version of the login package you have installed,
> I have another person who is having problems after upgrading to the latest
> potato version (19990827-#).

dpkg -s says:

Version: 980403-0.3.2

--