Re: Free version of maildir2mbox?

On Sat, 18 Sep 1999, Brian May wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there any DFSG free versions of maildir2mbox, included with qmail?
>
> This program converts $HOME/Maildir/ into $HOME/Mailbox, to allow use
> of Maildir, even if individual programs (eg pine, nmh) do not support
> Maildir format.
>
> (...or please correct me if pine and/or nmh do support Maildir!)

I don't know of any currently, but I am working (with a group of others)
on a library (libmailbox) for GNU mailutils that will support multiple
mailbox formats, including mbox and Maildir. When ready, such a change
should be almost trivial to do. Keep an eye out for it (Freshmeat is a
good place to watch).

--
Jakob 'sparky' Kaivo - jkaivo@ndn.net - http://www.ndn.net/
"As time goes on, my signature gets shorter and shorter..." - me