Re: [OT] How to find the exact time, when the serial data arrived?

Wojciech Zabolotny <wzab@ise.pw.edu.pl> wrote

> Thanks, but the real problem is that I need to know when the serial data
> reaches the port, not when my process receives them :-(.

Then you need a real-time operating system, that guarantees response
times. As far as I know, a real-time Linux is currently in
development. A brief search on Internet delivers the following
resources:

http://luz.cs.mnt.edu/~rtlinux
http://wwwa2.kph.uni-mainz.de/ftp/pub/machines/linux/realtime-linux/

I hope this information is helpful for you.

Regards,

Paul Huygen