I pieced together an XF86Config. Rock-solid, but I'm scared!

Hello,

As some of you, I have recently installed debian 2.1 on my Thinkpad 560. I have tried MANY of the XF86Config files on the net, but I
could not arrive at one that worked flicker-free on my 800x600
dual scan screen.  Light grays would have wavy lines, etc.

SO, I have pieced together one that works rock solid, but I am
not sure how to tell if the setting will damage my video card
or display.  The IBM 560 Technical Reference does not mention any
frequency specs for the LCD, only external monitor usage.

So, I started playing around.  One "modeline" setting I tried
was flicker free, but unless I used the "no_accel" option, it
would leave a couple dots wrong on the screen.  But when I used
the "no_accel" option it would REALLY slow it down.

The one I am using now, I put together after many trials and errors,
using a mix of frequencies works GREAT, but I am a little scared that
I might damage my screen.

Is there a definative way to find out?  This is what I am most worried
about.  I believe the "28.32" was changed from "40.0"...

Modeline  "800x600"    28.32 800 848 1000 1056 600 605 607 633 +hsync +vsync

Many thanks for any info.  By the way Eterm is REALLY COOL!

John