Re: Web access to /usr/doc?

Marc Haber wrote:

> In my case, the web browser is running on my desktop machine which is
> a Windows machine not running any web server software.

Okay, I think I didn't make myself clear...

> Even if it were a Debian box, /usr/doc needs only to be present on a
> single machine in the network:

You suggested a link /var/www/doc -> /usr/doc to make
documentation visible from the debian server to http (localhost
or any net-comnnected client).

I'm simply saying that this is already implemented as
http://HOSTNAME/doc/PACKAGE

Try it using your web browser running on Windows (not running any
web server software).

Peter