Re: I'm searchiang for CS4237 audio driver for linux

----- Original Message -----
From: Davide Gobbi <gobbi@macserver.sci.uniud.it>
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 1999 9:40 AM
Subject: I'm searchiang for CS4237 audio driver for linux

> Hi. Last week I have intall Debian on my PC. Now I want that my CS4237
> play music. How I can do it in linux. Where can I find the driver? Thank
> you a lot.
>

> --
/dev/null

Hi!

You will need to compile a new kernel which includes the proper soundcard
support. There are debian packages with kernel sources, which also should
include descriptions about how to compile it. After installing the
kernel-source package, the sources can be found at /usr/src/linux or sth.
like that. For configuring it under X, you also need to install TCL and TK
packages.

Sorry for writing only such a short description, but I haven't got much time
now. So, please send me a mail if you have further questions about it.

Kind Regards,

Stephan Hachinger