Re: Crontab as root

On Thu, Sep 16, 1999 at 09:57:19AM +0200, BIBKO wrote:
> Dear Sirs,
       ^^^^
Hoooh, that too much honors ;->>

> I set up a contab file as user root with crontab -e. It is in
> /var/spool/cron/crontabs. It is planed to run 10 8 * * 1-5
> /usr/bin/pphol.
> pphol is the cripts which need to be executed. But cron does not execute
> the file.

I don't use crontab, I prefer to make a small file (exactly the same you
have in /var/spool/cron/crontabs) and drop it in the right directory:

    /etc/cron.d
    * for every day treatments (per minutes, hours...)

    /etc/cron.daily|weekly|monthly
    * for scheduled treatments.

And its working very, well; I know this is a non-orthodoxe way to do,
but I had the same problem as you with crontab: it was not working.

So, as I understand it (TRT every day from Monday to Friday), your
file should go into: /etc/cron.daily.

JY