Re: emacs or xemacs ?

Kristopher Johnson <nosleep@atl.mediaone.net> writes:
> I honestly don't mean to start a holy war here, but I'd like to
> know:  Is there anyone who prefers Emacs to XEmacs, and why?

I prefer Emacs To Xemacs.

I can't really give a specific reason; my early experience with Lucid
Emacs (from whence Xemacs comes) left a bad taste in my mouth.  I got
the impression that the developers were rather too eager to implement
whizzy new features without really thinking all that carefully about the
elegance of the result (the `Netscape' school of programming).

The Xemacs' group rather selfish position on source-code assignments (so
that the FSF can use their changes) also makes me reluctant to support
them in any way.

Of course, I'd like to have pictures in my w3 buffers, but ... not that much!

-Miles
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche