since we're on the subject of partitioning... :)

This one's a quickie.

I had a 1.2 gb which was split with a 64 MB swap and the rest was the
primary partition (ext2).

Now I have a new disk as hda, a 17 gb, and everything's fine.  I set up my
old disk as hdb.  blah blah blah...  However I'd like to reclaim that old 64
MB swap partition and use it as ext2.

If I just re-partition it (hdb2) as ext2 and format it, I will not lose the
data on the primary partition (hdb1)... correct?

Please just let me know whether I'm right or wrong on this.

Thanks.