Install problem - Locks up during boot off of rescue disk.

Hello,

I am trying to install debian onto a Dell Optiplex GXM5133 system with
32 Meg of memory and a Adaptec AHA-2940 bios v1.16 PCI scsi controller.

I am installing off of floppys with the intention finishing the install
via ftp.

The rescue disk appears to boot fine and I get to the point where you
press <ENTER> to boot for F1..F? for instructions.  When I press enter
everything looks normal until it gets to the scsi0 lines....  The system
locks up at this point.  The last three lines are:

(scsi0) <Adaptec AHA-294X scsi host adapter> found at PCI 12/0
(scsi0) Narrow Channel, scsi ID=7, 16/255 SCBs
(scsi0) Downloading sequencer code...  412 instructions downloaded

The system locks up at this point.  What should I do?

Thanks,

Doug Thistlethwaite