Re: Avoiding gpm before installing GNOME

On Mon, Sep 13, 1999 at 11:08:05AM -0700, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
> FWIW, I _did_ have a problem with Gnome vs. gpm.  It seems to be
> specific to Enlightenment WM, though; now that I switched back to
> WindowMaker it seems to be OK.  gpm was periodically dying with "Too
> many open files".  My guess is that Enlightenment doesn't properly
> shut down Unix sockets.

I run E as well as gpm on both slink and potato. I got gnome .deb files for
slink from our local mirror of gnome.

They work fine for me and I use xdm, not gdm, for my X -login.

regards,

Chhanop

| Chanop Silpa-Anan                       <chanop@faceng.anu.edu.au>          |
| Australian National University                                              |
| Tel. +61 2 6279 8826, +61 2 6279 8837 (office hour)                         |
|      +61 2 6249 5240 (home +voice mail)                                     |
|           Debian GNU Linux           ICQ uin 11366301                       |